Leadership Position Description
Position Title: Jr. High Ministry Youth Intern
The Jr. High Ministry Intern position focuses on training and preparation with work in early adolescent youth in a church environment, and to assist Youth Ministry in ministering to Jr. High youth.
- Definite calling into full-time ministry.
- Adhere to Southern Baptist faith and message.
- Must have completed first full year in seminary.
- Minister and work minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Have some experience/understanding of youth/Asian culture.
- Internship is a minimum of 1 year and maximum of 2 years.
- Work with English-speaking youth, grades 7th-9th.
Specific List of Responsibilities
- Assist Minister of Youth in Jr. High Ministry.
- Preach in the Youth Service or directly to Jr. High youth.
- Attend Youth Ministry Team meetings.
- Be prepared to serve in any capacity directed by the Minister of Youth.
- Assist in Jr. High Sunday School department
- Assist in Jr. High CTP (training)
- Assist in RA’s/Acteens (fellowships)
- Assist in Jr. High Camp
- Attend Youth Service
- Attend Children and Youth Prayer Meetings.
- First Chinese Baptist Church is primarily ethnic Chinese in Los Angeles Chinatown with multi-generations, and with three languages: Cantonese, English, and Mandarin.
- Compensation is either paid tuition, books, and fees up to $12,000.00 or $1000.00 per month stipend.
If interested, please contact John Ng, 213-687-0814 or email him at this link.